Best Workout Gloves in 2018
Every fitness freak’s main goal is to lift weights and work out in the best way without hurting themselves.
However, the most common side effects of weight lifting are callused hands and blisters, which are very painful and can annoy you throughout your workout.
Workout gloves are the best way to protect your hands and improve your grip on different types of gym equipment.
This post will guide you on the best workout gloves in 2017.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Workout Gloves
Before making a decision regarding gloves, you must determine your needs so that you can buy the best one for you.
Workout gloves are beneficial for weight lifting as they will boost your performance and increase your confidence during the workout.
Aside from looks, there are many other things that should be taken into consideration before buying the best workout gloves.
Most people will go for the looks, design, and color, but there is a lot more to look at before buying a pair.
Following are the main things to consider:
Is It Really Important to Wear Workout Gloves?
Wearing workout gloves to the gym is an important part of a workout routine, which is ignored by many people.
Some people like to lift weights by getting their hands directly on the steel rod, while others feel more comfortable with gloves.
According to most weight lifters, wearing workout gloves is a personal choice as some people feel more relaxed and comfortable without wearing them.
However, if you wish to keep your hands blister-free and want them to look perfectly manicured all the time, you must try wearing them.
What Are the Different Types of Workout Gloves?
Everyone has a different need and thus, glove manufacturers produce various types of workout gloves.
These gloves can be used not only for weight lifting but also for doing various other types of exercises such as pull-ups and push-ups.
Following are the main types of workout gloves:
These types of workout gloves have a wrap around the strip, and they offer a tight and secure fit onto the hands.
Many people don’t wear workout gloves because they don’t offer a snug fit and are loose on the hands.
Wrist wraps are tight and comfortable, and they improve grip strength too.
These gloves also reduce stress on the wrists and make the wearer feel relaxed and comfortable.
The closure system of these gloves is normally a Velcro one.
Strapless gloves have no wrist grip and are more comfortable to wear than the wrist wraps.
As they have no wrap around the wrist, they allow the hands to move freely and more easily.
These workout gloves are more popular among weight lifters as they are very light and comfortable on the hands.
When you wear these gloves, you will not even feel as if you are wearing something on your hands.
Hence, if you don’t like the snug fit of wrist wraps, you will love strapless gloves.
Leather Palm Gloves
If you are tired of dealing with the loose grip and want something to enhance your grip on the workout equipment, leather palms will work best for you.
These types of gloves come with a leather palm to make your grip stronger and more comfortable.
Fingerless workout gloves have various openings, so they maintain good air circulation.
There is no chance of your hands sweating while wearing these gloves because they are well ventilated.
These gloves are open from the fingers and thus, they expose the fingers.
As a result, these gloves offer freedom and ease and protect the hands from blisters.
These gloves are suitable for you if you wish to perform other tasks such as using your mobile phone during workout sessions.
Since your fingers will be free, you can easily use the touchscreen of your phone.
Neoprene Fabric Gloves
These gloves are made up of neoprene fabric and are perfect for you if your hands sweat a lot.
This fabric is specially designed for gloves and has moisture-absorbing properties.
This type is also very lightweight and well-ventilated and helps you work out more comfortably and freely.
Full Finger Gloves
The full finger gloves are covered from the top of the fingers to the wrists and protect your hands and fingers from calluses and blisters.
These gloves are designed for an intense workout session and for those people who wish to exercise for long hours without taking a break.
The full finger gloves won’t let you use your mobile phone, though, as the fingers are covered and tapping on the screen is impossible.
If your workout gloves don’t provide a good grip, they are useless.
The main task of these gloves is to provide a secure and comfortable grip to the user.
The best workout gloves in 2017 are made of high-quality materials that will increase friction and reduce slippage.
Therefore, make sure that the gloves you are buying have a firm and tight grip on the workout equipment.
Always make sure your workout gloves are durable enough to withstand the rigors of daily exercises and intense workouts.
If we particularly talk about weight lifting, the gloves should be able to bear the harshest and heaviest poundings and never rip off or tear.
Nylon is said to be the least durable material for such gloves.
Workout gloves made up of leather or neoprene are the most durable ones.
No one wants sweaty hands during weight lifting, so one should look for gloves which are well-ventilated.
Normally, fingerless gloves are the most ventilated ones as they allow an adequate air flow to keep your hands dry.
Furthermore, the gloves made up of neoprene fabric are breathable as this material is very lightweight.
Workout gloves should be very flexible and allow your hands to move freely and comfortably.
To make sure you are comfortable with the workout gloves, you must try them on and check whether they provide enough freedom of movement while you are exercising.
Flexibility is very important for workout gloves unless you are doing intense workouts such as deadlifts and heavy lifting which need more rigid and tough gloves.
Cushioning and Support
One of the biggest benefits of wearing workout gloves is that they provide support and comfort to the hands.
If your gloves are not comfortable enough, you won’t be able to work out and lift the weights properly.
The best gloves are made of high-quality paddings and gel cushions to keep your hands comfortable throughout your exercise.
These gloves are made up of strategic cushioning systems to make sure that they don’t bite onto your wrists or palms.
Best Workout Gloves in 2017
1. Skott Evo 2 Weight Lifting Gloves
The Skott Evo 2 weight lifting gloves are very comfortable to wear and use the latest technology to make it easier for people to lift weights.
These gloves are the wrist wrap type, and they contain a Velcro wrap around the wrist to provide a snug fit to the wearer.
They are very durable and designed to improve the workout experience of the wearer.
- The wrist wraps are integrated with ultra-protection via a high-density foam that reduces stress on the wrists and provides a secure and tight fit.
- The perfect fit improves the grip and makes it easier for the wearer to lift weights and perform intense workouts.
- The palms of these gloves are gel printed, so they prevent slippage. This anti-slip technology is ideal for weight lifting.
- The Skott Evo 2 weight lifting gloves are soft, comfortable and durable. They have a very sturdy design and will last long you for a very long time.
- The high-density foam used in the gloves provides comfort and support to the palms and hands and allows the user to lift heavy weights easily.
- Even with all these features, the Skott Evo 2 weight lifting gloves are very affordable.
- These gloves are too heavy or cushioned for gripping thick bars.
- They smell bad.
2. Trideer Padded Anti-Slip Weight Lifting Gloves
The Trideer padded anti-slip weight lifting gloves are ideal for you whether you are a weight lifter, athlete, workout coach, or trainer.
These gloves are made up of microfiber that provides support and comfort to the wearer.
These gloves are also the wrist wrap type, and they provide a secure and snug fit to the weight lifter.
The palm pad is shock-absorbent and protects the hands to the fullest.
You will find that the Trideer gloves are very responsive and durable as compared to other cheap gloves.
- The Trideer padded anti-slip gloves are ideal for all types of workouts such as weight lifting, pull-ups, push-ups, and other general exercises.
- The Velcro wrist wraps are integrated into the gloves and provide amazing support to the wrists and hands during intense workouts.
- The gloves are made up of high-quality materials such as microfiber which is very lightweight and comfortable.
- They are very easy to wear and take off. They have pull tabs designed on the fingers that make it easier to take off the gloves.
- There is a warranty of one year on these gloves, and the good thing is that there is a 30-day return policy too.
- The gloves provide a perfect and secure fit so that the wearer can perform the workouts and other exercises easily.
- They are too tight.
- They start stinking after some weeks of use.
3. Steel Sweat CrossFit Workout Gloves
The Steel Sweat workout gloves are created to make the weight lifting and workout experience more breathable and sweat-free for the users.
These gloves are made up of padded and cushioned palms to protect the hands and keep them comfortable.
They are the non-slip type and provide an amazing grip to the wearer.
They also include a high-quality leather in their construction, which makes them durable and more stable.
- The Steel Sweat CrossFit gloves are very breathable and keep your hands dry and fresh throughout intense workouts. They are made up of special StretchAir material to absorb the moisture.
- The great thing is that you can buy the gloves according to your hand size. There is a chart of different sizes which allows you to choose the right size for you.
- The gloves have integrated pull tabs for easy use. You can use these pull tabs to take the gloves off easily from your hands.
- The gloves contain a double-layered and stitched thumb to protect it. The palm grips are also padded for extra protection and comfort.
- If you are not satisfied with these gloves, you can return them with a 100% moneyback guarantee.
- The design of the gloves is a bit confusing. The palms are a bit wide, and the fingers are narrow.
4. Grip Power Pads Elite Leather Gym Gloves
The Grip Power Pads gym gloves are designed for all types of weight lifters and gym goers.
They have a stylish design, and the two-tone rubber pads make them very comfortable and soft.
The wrist wraps are long enough, and they make it easier for the users to achieve a snug and tight fit.
These gloves are designed for both men and women and are very easy to use.
They protect the hands in the best way and make sure there are no blisters or calluses.
- These gloves have a sporty and stylish design and look amazing for workouts at the gym. The design is also lightweight so that you don’t feel any burden on your hands.
- The curved finger design fits very well, and the gloves offer a perfect fit to the wearer.
- The rubberized palms provide an amazing grip and traction to the user. No matter what type of workout you are doing, these gloves will maintain a strong grip.
- They are very easy to use. There is a pull off tab that allows the user to take them off quickly and easily.
- Since this is a fingerless design, the gloves are well-ventilated and keep the hands dry and sweat-free throughout the workout.
- They are a bit heavy.
5. My Fitness Extra Padded Weight Lifting Gloves
These workout gloves are made up of high-quality materials that make them very durable and comfortable.
They have a sturdy design, and they provide an amazing grip to the wearer.
The fingerless design also keeps the hands well-ventilated and make sure that sweat doesn’t annoy the wearer.
They are made up of premium leather and have extra padding that protects the hands from the side effects of weight lifting and different types of workouts.
- These gloves offer a tight and secure fit.
- The design is sturdy enough to withstand the rigors of intense workouts and weight lifting.
- They have unique pull off tabs so that you easily take them off. The gloves are designed to make the user feel free and comfortable.
- The gloves are very flexible and offer enough freedom to the wearer. With these gloves, you can use your smartphones and other devices too, and there is no need to take them off after each workout.
- They are very breathable and keep the hands well-ventilated. The fingerless design makes it comfortable to wear and prevents the user from being sweaty.
- The wrist wrap is long enough at 10″ and is designed to reduce stress on the wrists and keep the gloves tight and secure.
- The gloves are not very comfortable.
The workout gloves listed in this post are all designed to make it easier and more comfortable for the user to perform workouts.
The manufacturers of these gloves have focused highly on durability, comfort, ergonomics, and grip.
Though all our picks are some of the best, our top pick is the Skott Evo 2 weight lifting gloves because of their ergonomic design, anti-slip properties, and ultra-protection features.
Trideer gloves stand on number two on our list and are also packed with amazing features, but there are some reports of them being too tight.
For a workout glove, comfort is a very important feature and being too tight can be uncomfortable.
Grip Power Pads gloves are also one of the best workout gloves available on the market, and they are recommended by many fitness experts and weight lifters because of their comfort and durability.
However, some people may not like the idea of them being a bit heavy during weight lifting and other workouts.