Best Hand Grip Strengthener in 2017
A hand grip strengthener is a very convenient and simple device that strengthens the muscles in your hands.
If you are an athlete, a bodybuilder, or a gym goer, you must try this device to improve your hand grip.
There are many benefits of using this equipment, and this post contains all that you need to know about the best hand grip strengthener in 2017.
What to Consider Before Buying a Hand Grip Strengthener?
If you are an active and athletic person, you must be eager to increase your hand grip too.
Although most of the exercises and workouts focus on your forearms and upper body muscles, using a hand grip strengthener will help increase the grip and strength of your forearms more rapidly and easily.
What Does a Hand Grip Strengthener Do?
When you grip on something, your forearm muscles get activated.
By opening and closing your wrists constantly, you can improve the appearance of the muscles and let them develop.
A hand grip strengthener strengthens the muscles in your arms in the same way.
However, a hand grip strengthener is very stiff, and you need to apply a lot of force to squeeze it.
Squeezing this machine will contract the muscles present in your hands and forearms and will boost their strength.
What Are the Benefits of Hand Grip Strengtheners?
You may have seen many bodybuilders use these grip strengtheners, and you might be thinking they just pass the time with them.
This is not true; hand grip strengtheners are used by many bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts to increase their muscle strength.
Following are the main benefits of using these tools:
A hand grip strengthener will increase the power and size of your forearm.
This tool will develop your forearm muscles by working on your fingers.
When you close your fingers on this tool, it will work on the flexors in your forearms and when you open your fingers, the action will affect the extensors.
One big advantage of using this tool is that your dexterity gets improved.
You can get skilled and proficient in doing many different exercises and workouts when your hand strength increases.
This tool is best for not only weightlifters, bodybuilders, and gym goers but also athletes, sports personnel, and artisans.
A grip strengthener works on the muscles and improves the strength and structure of your fingers, wrists, and palms.
Increased endurance and strength are helpful in performing daily activities and for sports.
By using this tool constantly, you will make your hands and fingers strong enough to work for a long time.
Another beneficial use of this tool is for rehabilitation.
If you have gone through an operation or surgery in your forearms, wrists, or hands and you are feeling weak, this tool will help you increase your strength.
It can also assist in relieving pain in the hands, elbows, and wrists and dealing with diseases such as arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and tennis elbow.
How to Choose the Best Hand Grip Strengthener?
When deciding to buy a hand grip strengthener, you must not just go to the shop and get one by looking at the aesthetics.
There are many things that should be taken into account before buying the best hand grip strengthener that suits your needs.
Following are the main things to consider:
Before buying a hand grip strengthener, you must consider its design as there are many different types available.
Some grip tools have an A shape, while others are shaped like the trigger of a gun.
If you are looking forward to strengthening your hands, you must go for the A-shaped grip tool, but if you want to work more with your fingers, you should go for the strengthener that trains and works with the fingers individually.
Another important factor to take into account is the resistance level of the gripping tool.
All hand grip strengtheners have different resistance levels.
With some grip strengtheners, you will be able to squeeze them easily, while with others, you will need to put in a lot of effort.
A grip strengthener which has a very high resistance level which seems to be impossible to be squeezed will be useless for you.
If you are a beginner, you must try a gripping tool with medium resistance level.
If you are a weightlifter or a strong athlete, you can go for the high resistance grip strengthener.
Some grip strengtheners can adjust the resistance level, while others are fixed.
Adjustable hand grip strengtheners are more versatile and allow you to practice on different strengths.
These tools also save your money because with them, you don’t need to buy another one when you want to practice on higher resistance levels.
Only one drawback of the adjustable grip tools is that there are moving parts and this makes them a bit less sturdy than the fixed ones.
The strongest hand grip strengtheners are made up of pure metal.
These tools are the most reliable and durable, but they cannot adjust the resistance level.
The adjustable hand grip strengtheners are usually made of plastic or rubber and are very versatile.
These hand strengtheners are, however, not very sturdy and are less durable as compared to the metal ones.
The plastic or rubber hand grip tools come in different shapes and styles too.
A hand grip strengthener should be comfortable and user-friendly.
Make sure that the model you are buying has the ideal size and goes well with your hand size.
Also, the hand grip tool should be ergonomic and have padded handles.
However, the pure metal ones don’t have padded grips and can cause your hands to hurt.
Hence, your choice depends on which features you want to trade off.
How to Use the Hand Grip Strengthener in the Best Possible Way?
A hand grip strengthener is not just about choosing the best one and start using it; you should also know how to make the best use of it.
For this purpose, you can consult your gym instructor or a fitness expert, but we have some tips for you too.
Consider these factors before using a hand grip tool:
- The number of days in a week you decide to use it.
- The number of sets you need to perform in a day.
It is recommended not to use a hand grip strengthener on a daily basis.
Instead, you should fix three or four days in a week for your practice.
You can perform 5 to 12 sets in one go.
The Best Hand Grip Strengtheners Available
1. Fitness Insanity Hand Grip Strength Trainer Kit
The Fitness Insanity Hand Grip Strength Trainer Kit is a very versatile and durable tool that is designed to increase the power and strength of your hands and forearms.
It has two adjustable modes, 22 lbs. and 88 lbs.
The gripping tool has a stylish design with a lime-green body and gray handles.
It has enhanced springs and steel hinges to make sure you use it easily and frequently.
This hand grip strengthener is ideal for those who want to use it while performing other tasks such as watching TV.
- You will feel immense strength and stress relief after a few days of using it. It is built to enhance the blood flow in the hands, forearms, and fingers.
- It comes with a whole kit that consists of physical therapeutic balls, waterproof carrying case, and four professional exercise e-books. The physical therapeutic balls help relieve joint pain, release muscle tension, and remove stiffness.
- It has an ergonomic design that makes it easier to use for continuous sets. The handle is a non-slip type and is covered with a soft rubber. The strong chrome springs make the gripping tool a very sturdy one.
- The resistance level is adjustable, so you can adjust it according to your power. If you are a beginner, you can try with the 22 lbs. mode and switch to the 88 lbs. one after a few months.
- The adjustment mechanism is not very precise as the knob is made up of plastic and the rod used here is metal.
2. Captains of Crush Hand Gripper
The Captains of Crush Hand Gripper is a sturdy and simple hand grip strengthener.
It is designed by IronMind which is a well-known brand for manufacturing grip strengtheners.
The good thing is that this tool is available in 11 different resistance levels so that you choose the one that is ideal for you.
It is made up of aluminum and alloy steel and is very durable.
This tool will allow you to increase your hand strength in no time.
- The tool is very flexible and allows you to choose from 11 different resistance or strength levels. You can buy two or three models of these that suit your strength.
- It is very durable and can withstand the rigors of continuous sets. These hand grip strengtheners will last a long time.
- If you are a beginner, you can make use of the training kit available with it. This kit contains all the information that you need to know regarding the usage.
- The tool will strengthen your hands, arms, fingers, and wrists in just a few days. It will work on every hand and arm muscle to improve its structure and strength.
- It has an ergonomic design, and the knurled handles make it easier to grip and perform sets.
- Though the handles provide a good grip, after a while, they get painful.
3. Gripmaster Hand Exerciser
The Gripmaster Hand Exerciser is made up of high-quality materials and is very efficient and sturdy.
It has different resistance levels that are marked by different colors for recognition.
The black one is the for highest resistance, and the yellow one is for the lowest resistance.
It uses a finger piston technology that is patented and spring loaded, which makes it easier for you to increase the strength of each of the fingers.
It has a strong handgrip and allows you to perform exercises comfortably.
- The color coding system makes it easier for the user to recognize the resistance level. There are four different resistance levels available in the colors of black, blue, green, red, and yellow.
- The spring-loaded piston technology allows you to work individually on each finger to increase its strength and improve its functioning.
- It is very affordable and delivers excellent value for money.
- The grip is firm and sturdy. You will need this hand grip strengthener if you are an athlete or even a musician.
- It includes a comprehensive exercise program that guides the user on how to use it properly and to choose the best exercises and workouts.
- At each resistance level, there is only one gripper which gets a bit inconvenient.
4. Death Grip Strengthener
The Death Grip Strengthener is a sturdy one and is ideal for using anywhere without worrying about it being squeaky.
It is very durable and comfortable to hold. It is made up of steel and thermoplastic nylon, which makes it a bit unique.
The two materials are very sturdy and can’t be damaged easily.
This hand grip strengthener is also adjustable so that you can choose your preferred level of strength.
- It is not noisy like other traditional hand grip strengtheners. This makes it an ideal choice to be used anywhere such as offices and public places.
- It is made of the most durable materials that can withstand the rigors of intense exercises. With this grip tool, you don’t have to worry about it being damaged.
- It has adjustable resistance levels, so you can choose the one that suits your strength level. If you are a beginner, you can choose the lowest resistance level and gradually increase it to the highest level.
- The grip generated by this tool is from a solid steel spring which doesn’t put tension or stress on the muscles at all. Other grip tools use a stretching method which can be dangerous.
- It is a bit too intense and tough for beginners.
- The size doesn’t match all hand sizes, especially big ones.
5. Kootek Hand Grip Strengthener
The Kootek Hand Grip Strengthener is a comfortable and durable device.
The hand grip is very comfortable, and the overall design is quite ergonomic.
The tension springs are made up of stainless steel, and they provide the right amount of strength and grip needed for the exercise.
The gripping tool can be adjusted to different resistance levels, that is, from 22 lbs. to 88 lbs.
- This hand strengthener is ideal to be used for rehabilitation. It can be used to deal certain medical conditions such as arthritis, fractured wrist or hand, tendon surgery, and tennis elbow.
- It is made up of high-quality and durable materials so that you can use it for long periods without worrying about it being damaged.
- It has a very ergonomic and comfortable design. The hand grip is covered by rubber paddings, and you won’t feel pain in your hands after performing a lot of sets. Also, the handles are non-slip.
- This tool is ideal for improving and increasing the strength, speed, and power of fingers, wrists, hands, and forearms. It is ideal for bodybuilders, weightlifters, musicians, rock climbers, athletes, tennis players, and golfers.
- The resistance levels are not too high, so if you wish to increase your strength, you’ll have to buy another one.
Hand grip strengtheners provide an easy and affordable way to increase the strength of your hands and forearms.
Choosing the best hand grip strengthener in 2017 depends on your needs, but our top pick is the Fitness Insanity Hand Grip Strength Trainer Kit, reviewed at number one in this post.
This grip tool is our personal favorite because it is versatile and adjustable and is a complete training kit for strengthening the hands and forearms.
This tool is very comfortable and even after long periods, you won’t feel pain in your hands.
The Captains of Crush Hand Gripper is also our favorite as it has a simple and sturdy design but is not very comfortable.
The other hand grip strengtheners reviewed in this post are also admired by a lot of people because of their versatility, flexibility, and affordability.