Best Gymnastic Rings in 2018
If you want to keep yourself in shape, the best way to do so is to use home fitness equipment because it is more convenient and cheaper to use.
Gymnastic rings are the best way to meet the workout needs of the body.
However, choosing a gymnastic ring should be an informed decision as there are hundreds of different models on the market.
After a lot of research, I have come up with the 5 best gymnastic ring in 2017, and this post is intended to help you choose the one that best suits your needs.
Things to Consider Before Buying Gymnastic Rings
Gymnastic rings are an excellent way to strengthen your upper body, but there are some things to consider before making the right purchase.
Most associate the effectiveness of this workout with the piece of equipment only, but there are several other factors that should be taken into account so that you don’t end up buying the wrong product.
Why Do You Need Gymnastic Rings?
Not everyone has the money and time to invest in gyms, so home equipment is the best choice if you want yourself to look fit and fantastic.
Gymnastic rings are very cheap, and they allow you to perform an excellent workout in the comfort of your home.
These rings help you build your arms, shoulders, chest, traps, and abdominal muscles.
You can use the gymnastic rings to perform dips, chin-ups, pushups, and L-sits effectively.
Most well-known bodybuilders and fitness experts recommend them to people who want to achieve the famous ‘V’ shape.
Following are the main benefits of using gymnastic rings:
- Gymnastic rings are an excellent way to build lean muscle mass in a short time.
- Using gymnastic rings activates the muscles in your shoulders and back, so they improve your posture. Most of us are used to working on desks for a long time, and this habit affects the posture. The best way to improve your posture is by using these rings.
- Performing different exercises on these rings will make you feel better and active throughout the day because it activates and strengthens the cardiovascular and muscular organs.
- The exercises done on gymnastic rings improve muscle strength faster as compared to other exercises.
- Gymnastic rings are portable and simple machines. They don’t take much space and can be installed anywhere in the house without worrying about the space they cover.
- You can use them anywhere, at home, in the hotel, or at your office, because it can be fixed anywhere without any difficulty.
Which Type of Gymnastic Ring Is Best for You?
The type of gymnastic ring you need depends on your preference.
Following are the main types of gymnastic rings depending on the quality of their material:
- Metal gymnastic rings: Metal gymnastic rings are cheap, and they can be used for pull-ups and dips. These rings, however, don’t offer much traction to move upward and downward and to transition from one position to another. You can use these rings to perform simple exercises, but you have to be careful as you can hit your head. If you want to buy a metal ring, go for the one that has a texture because this way, it will provide a good grip. Otherwise, you will have to use a tennis wrap tape or athletic tape to keep your hands in position.
- Plastic gymnastic rings: These types of gymnastic rings are slippery but not as much as the metal ones. They are also less heavy than the metal rings and can be easier to perform exercises with. If you are on a tight budget, you can consider buying these rings as they are cheaper than wooden rings.
- Wooden gymnastic rings: Wooden rings are the most expensive ones, and they are the favorite of gymnastic players. These rings are great for advanced exercises like crosses, rows, and levers. Wooden rings feel better in the hands, and the price is worth it because if you want to perform the exercises with a full swing, these rings are the best choice.
Where Should I Hang Them?
When you buy gymnastic rings for the first time, you will notice that this equipment consists of only straps and rings.
All you have to do is turn the straps over a bar or some mounted hooks to make them hang over them.
You must hang the gymnastic rings in a place where you can perform the exercises easily.
You should hang the rings where you have enough space to maintain a good height above the ground and perform different exercises such as pull-ups with a straight body.
Hence, the best height to hang the rings is 9-13 ft. above the ground.
You have to keep in mind that you get enough width and height to perform exercises.
Also, make sure the straps are long enough so that you can perform other low-hanging exercises such as push-ups, mountain climbers, and planks.
How Do I Set Up the Rings?
Setting up gymnastic rings is very easy, whether you’re at home or somewhere else, but there are a few things that you should be aware of.
If you are a beginner, you can try one of these places as starting points for hanging gymnastic rings:
- A ceiling mount pull-up bar is the best option for hanging gymnastic rings. If you have a pull-up bar installed at home, it will be very convenient. Otherwise, you can try hanging the gymnastic rings on a pull-up bar at your nearest gym.
- You can also hang your gymnastic rings at the top bar on the playground’s swing set.
- If you have a pull-up bar on your door frame, you can hang them there too.
- Another good option is to hang them on the two eye bolts that are present on your garage ceiling.
An important factor to consider is that you should hang the straps with proper clips because hanging them improperly can be very dangerous.
Also, never buy gym rings with straps less than 8 ft. long as you can run into clearance issues due to low height.
Top 5 Gymnastic Rings
We have compiled a list of the top 5 gymnastic rings in 2017 after doing a lot of research and reading many reviews.
These gymnastic rings are one of the best on the market and have many satisfied customers all over the world.
I have personally tried all five of them, and I will state the pros and cons of each product so that it will be easier for you to make a comparison and choose one of them.
1. PROCIRCLE Wood Gymnastic Rings
PROCIRCLE is famous for manufacturing some of the best gymnastic rings in the industry.
These rings are easy to install and have a sturdy design.
They provide an amazing grip and are best for performing a variety of exercises.
It is nearly impossible to break the straps as they are very sturdy.
The straps are made up of high-quality solid coated metal clamps, and they are extra long with a length of 15 ft.
The straps are also adjustable so that you can choose the height that suits you.
The rings are 1.25″ thick and provide a great grip to the holder.
You can use them for exercises such as pull-ups, push-ups, suspension training, muscle-ups, dips, rows, and aerial yoga.
- The PROCIRCLE wood gymnastic rings are high-quality rings and are used by well-known gymnasts.
- They come with a lifetime warranty.
- They have a capacity to hold up to 800 lbs. of weight and are strong enough to bear the rigors of daily use.
- The rings have no splinters and have a solid and smooth feel. They are made up of wood, and they don’t cause your hands to slip even if the palms get sweaty.
- The straps are long enough, and they can never break. The straps are adjustable too.
- The grip on the wooden rings is amazing.
- They look stylish.
- They are available at an affordable price.
- Setting up these rings is effortless, and it will take only 3 minutes to hang them and start exercising.
- There are no measurement markings on the straps.
- The rings have a good grip, but they don’t have a good thickness.
2. Nayoya Gymnastic Rings
Nayoya gymnastic rings are also popular and are highly rated because they are long lasting and easy to install.
These rings and straps have a sturdy design and are best for you if you want to perform gymnastics.
These rings are made up of plastic and are heavy duty to help you perform with confidence because you know they can never break.
Another important feature of these rings is the textured surface, due to which they offer an amazing grip.
- The Nayoya gymnastic rings have a textured surface that improves the grip.
- These gymnastic rings have a capacity to hold up to 2000 lbs. and thus, they are considered as the strongest gymnastic rings on the market. They are easily one of the best-rated gymnastic rings available.
- They are easy to set up.
- They can hold an unlimited body weight.
- The rings prevent slippage and reduce sweating from hands.
- The straps have no stretch at all, which makes them ideal as the force of exertion never dissipates.
- The gym rings will help you develop the best physique.
- They are very strong and durable.
- The height is adjustable.
- The strap width prevents discomfort. This is another feature that makes it easier to perform various exercises. The strap width of this equipment is 38 millimeters, which is ideal as it doesn’t dig into your hands while you perform muscle-ups or dips.
- They are not portable.
3. Titan Fitness Wooden Gymnastic Rings
Titan Fitness is a well-known brand as it manufactures one of the best gym and fitness equipment.
The equipment manufactured by this company is durable and precise and uses high-quality materials for an improved user experience.
The rings are wide enough, and they use a secure cam buckling system to ensure safety.
The laminated rings provide enough space for movement during exercises and for hand placement.
The good thing is that these gym rings are very easy to set up, and you can hang them on a tree too.
- They are easy to set up.
- The laminated rings provide good grip to the user as they are made up of timber wood.
- They feature extra-long straps so that you can perform exercises easily and comfortably.
- The strap length is 15 ft. which is adjustable and can accommodate different body sizes.
- The rings are extra wide to provide a comfortable hold. The diameters of the rings are 9.25″ which is ideal for a good grip.
- They have a nice look and feel.
- They are very safe to use.
- They can hold up to 600 lbs. and are strong enough to let you perform different types of exercises.
- They prevent slippage.
- They deliver good value for money.
- They don’t include any instructions.
- They can hold less weight than its competitors.
4. Elite Sportz Heavy-Duty Gym Rings
Elite Sportz gym rings are very durable, and they are best for the most intense and rugged workouts.
They feature an amazing grip, non-slip straps, quality buckles, and an instructional video training to make your experience better.
These rings made up of tough polycarbonate plastic and come with 15 ft. long straps and adjustable cam buckles.
The rings are textured to provide a good grip and, thus, are ideal to be used at homes for workouts.
With these gym rings, you can easily perform dips, pull-ups, and push-ups.
The Elite gym rings are easy to set up and are portable.
- There is no strap slippage. With these gym rings, you don’t have to worry about slippage or breakage because there are no slipping straps or faulty buckles.
- They are easy to set up.
- The rings give a smooth and solid feel to the person holding them.
- They use high-quality buckles which are non-slip.
- This equipment is very durable and ideal for suspension training.
- The rings are very durable and versatile.
- You can perform different exercises of any difficulty levels.
- The rings are textured.
- There is a money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied.
- An instructional training video is available.
- Straps have no measurement markings.
- They do not look good.
5. Garage Fit Gymnastic Rings
The Garage Fit gymnastic rings are an ideal choice when it comes to picking the best rings for cross training or gymnastics.
The straps of these rings are extra long, and they can hold heavy weights.
The Garage Fit rings are grippy plastic rings as they are made up of ABS plastic and are durable and easy to mount.
Most people think that plastic rings do not provide a good grip, but these rings provide an excellent grip.
These rings are also a good option if you are on a budget.
They are easy to install as well, and the straps are 15 ft. long.
- These rings have extra-long straps which make it easier to perform different types of exercises that need more control and space.
- They have the capacity to hold weights up to 550 lbs. and thus, they have a very sturdy and secure design.
- They have a good weight-holding capacity.
- These gym rings can be used to develop and improve the upper body and overall muscle strength.
- They are easy to install. It will take hardly 5 minutes to hang them and start exercising.
- They are very affordable and deliver excellent value for money.
- The measurements aren’t the same, making alignment difficult.
All of our picks for the best gymnastic rings in 2017 are some of the best available on the market.
Some of these rings are made of wood, while others have been constructed from a tough plastic.
Our personal favorite and top pick is the PROCIRCLE wood gymnastic rings because they are the most durable, lightweight, and affordable.
Moreover, these gymnastic rings come with a lifetime warranty and use high-quality materials so that you can perform different types of workouts easily and comfortably.
These gym rings are slippage free and provide excellent grip which is necessary to keep you confident throughout the workout.